- Cauliflower- 1 head with the stalk removed. It helps to chop this up as well.
- Cheese- 3/4 of a cup. This cheese should be grated or shredded and an Italian variety. I suggest using more than one cheese to reach the 3/4 cup total- grated mozzarella plus grated or shredded Parmesan for example.
- Eggs- 2 beaten.
- Italian Seasonings- 2 teaspoons total.Such as oregano salt varieties, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 400. Prep your pizza pan for nonstick. I am a fan of parchment paper. Place your cut up cauliflower in your processor and pulse until shredded in consistency.
- For this step you will need a steamer pot as we will be steaming the cauliflower in the pot. I have a pot with a steamer basket insert which I use all of the time.
- Place the cauliflower into the steamer basket and when the water begins to boil place the basket into the water. Let this steam for about 15 minutes or until tender. Then remove this from the stove and allow the cauliflower to drain and cool. Some people will use paper towels to make sure that the water is fully drained if needed.
- When the cauliflower has cooled, place it into a mixing bowl mixing in the remaining ingredients one at a time. If the cauliflower has not fully cooled down you can place it into the refrigerator for a few minutes before starting this step. If the cauliflower is too warm it can melt the cheese before the ingredients have been fully mixed together.
- Pour the mixed ingredients on to the prepped pan and press into place. I like to place it into the center and work my way out, pressing the mix into place as I go.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until set. When you are ready to make your pizza, simply add the remaining ingredients and bake for an additional 10 - 12 minutes.
Try cooking your new cauliflower crust pizza on our pizza crisper