Looking back on my childhood food memories, I realize my mother was not what we today we call a gourmet cook. She herself was a very 'picky eater'. However she did have a few recipes that today I still make in different variations, salmon patties being one of her favorites.
In searching for a recipe, I stumbled upon this one from Mary's Nest (the name Mary seemed too symbolic to ignore so I picked it).
Today, I’m sharing a quick and easy salmon patties recipe that literally comes together in minutes. Plus, this recipe makes use of that canned salmon in your pantry that you have been wondering what to do with. And no matter what you call them….salmon patties or salmon cakes…these are moist, flavorful, and just simply delicious!
Canned Salmon Patties
Servings: 4 servings
- 13-15 ounces Canned salmon
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Green onions, chopped Any type of onion can be used
- 2 tablespoons Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise Plus one extra tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Fine ground sea salt
- 2 large Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Ghee, olive oil, or other fat suitable for sautéing
- Open can(s) of salmon and drain liquid if desired.
- Transfer salmon to a bowl and break into chunks using a fork.
- Add all the other ingredients to the bowl, reserving 1/3 of the bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise, and mix gently to combine.
- Shape salmon mixture into 4 patties and rub each patty with a bit of mayonnaise and then coat with remaining 1/3 of bread crumbs.
- Melt ghee or other cooking fat in a frying pan on medium heat and then place each patty into the frying pan and saute each side for 3 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown. Serve immediately.