For the Meatballs:
- 1lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp chopped celery
- 3 Tbsp crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients in a medium bowl. DO NOT ADD SALT!!! The Frank’s is super salty, as is the blue cheese so trust me you don’t need to add more. The mix will be sticky and gooey but that’s normal.
- Form into about 1 inch balls – remember these are cocktail/bite sized so don’t make them too big.
- Place them on a greased cookie sheet (with sides) and bake at 350 degrees (F) for 10 minutes.
- To make the sauce, combine the Frank’s and butter in a small saucepan on medium heat, or place in a microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes on high.
- After 10 minutes, remove balls from oven and dunk carefully (they are tender from the cream cheese and could fall apart if you are too rough) in the buffalo sauce.
- Put back onto the cookie sheet and bake for another 12 minutes. If you have leftover sauce you could pour it over the meatballs and bake for another 3 to 4 minutes if you want them really saucy.