It may seem like a lot of steps but it's easy to make and tastes great! Gourmet pizza on a budget! Substitute any of the fresh veggies for frozen ones just squeeze out the moisture before cooking.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for brushing
- 8 ounces sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 pound refrigerated prepared pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup fresh prepared pesto
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, cut into thin strips
- Pizza stone
How to Make It
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Add onion; sauté 4 minutes. Add chicken and chicken stock; cook 1 minute
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle flour evenly over a large, rimless baking sheet or pizza stone. Place pizza dough on baking sheet or pizza stone, and pat into a 14-inch circle.
- Bake in oven at 375 for 20 minutes or until done