1½ cups frozen bell peppers
1 cup no-salt canned black beans
⅓ cup + 2 teaspoons low-sodium salsa
2 tortillas (whole grain)
¼ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
1 cup spinach
2 teaspoons hot sauce
- In a skillet, heat a few splashes of water over medium-high. Sauté the frozen veggies until hot. Or, you may just heat all the ingredients in a microwave until hot.
- Drain and rinse no-salt canned black beans. Mix in a dash of spices, such as cumin and chili powder.
- Reduce heat to low-medium and add beans, salsa, a dash of nutritional yeast (optional). Stir for a couple of minutes until mixture is warm throughout.
- Slice the avocado lengthwise, all the way around the pit. Gently twist each side to open the avocado. Scoop out flesh and cut into slices.
- Warm tortilla (whole-grain or gluten-free) in microwave for 10-15 seconds or on your stovetop in a pan. Place avocado slices on tortilla followed by spinach, bean mixture and hot sauce. Roll up, top with cashew sour cream and salsa, and enjoy!