- ¼ cup butter
- 5 cups Granny Smith apples peeled and cut into ½ inch slices
- 5 cups Gala apples peeled and cut into ½ inch slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice preferably fresh
- ½ cup dark brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup apple cider
- Melt butter in cooker. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients together and pour into the cooker. Stir to distribute butter evenly into the apples.
- Close and lock the lid of the cooker and set the regulator knob to STEAM.
- Set the timer for 3 hours on slow cook LOW, while checking occasionally until apples are tender. Serve hot or cold. Perfect with a scoop or two of ice cream.