- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup brown rice cooked
- 2 tablespoons onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 bell peppers, colors of your choice
- 1/4 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Fresh parsley for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, place the ground turkey meat and brown. Drain an excess fat, place turkey in a medium size mixing bowl, and set aside.
2. In the same skillet used to cook turkey meat, add the olive oil, onion, and garlic. Sauté until lightly browned - about 2 minutes.
3. In the mixing bowl with the turkey meat, pour the onion and garlic mixture in. Add in the cooked rice, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mix lightly to combine.
4. Cut the tops off each bell pepper. Remove all the seeds and membranes of each one. Line a baking dish with the bell peppers. Fill the peppers with the ground turkey mixture.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes. The bell peppers should be slightly soft. Remove from oven. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over each pepper. Place peppers back in oven for the cheese to melt.
6. Remove from oven and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!