You can think of a paring knife as a smaller version of a chef's knife because, like the Sora Chef's Knife, the Sora Paring Knife is quite versatile. The paring knife gets its name from its main function—removing or “paring” away things like peels or pits from fruits and vegetables. It’s ideal for peeling, coring, trimming, decorating, and other detail work. Its small size gives you complete control over the tip and edge of the blade. Generally, you'll use this knife in your hand rather than against a cutting board, though paring knives can also be used for chopping small foods, such as garlic cloves or ginger.
- A must-have kitchen knife
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary Composite Blade Technology; VG10 san mai cutting core; Japanese 420J blade upper
- VG10 is clad with one layer of stainless steel on each side to create the san mai edge and provide stain resistance
- Handle: Traditional Japanese handle design in easy-care, textured PP/TPE blend
- Blade length: 3.5 in. (8.9 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan