The Shun Dual Core Kiritsuke Knife is used for all the tasks for which you'd use a chef's knife. It works extremely well with vegetables to julienne, dice, or brunoise with ease. It's also an excellent choice for cleaning and portioning boneless proteins, particularly fish. It slices cooked proteins with grace and ease and with its straighter edge, it's ideal for slicing cuts and push cuts.
- Dual core construction; 71 alternating micro-layers of VG10 and VG2, high-carbon, high-chromium stainless steel extend all the way to the edge
- Layers are welded together and fold-forged to give a finer grain to the steel and to create the herringbone pattern that allows the layers to alternate along the cutting edge
- Traditional Japanese ebony PakkaWood octagon-shaped handle provide a comfortable and secure grip
- Etched laminations in the blade reduce drag, helping food release from the blade and gliding through each cut quickly and easily
- The hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (on each side) is light and thin; 60-61 Rockwell Hardness
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty; includes wooden saya sheath