The Shun Dual Core Nakiri Knife is simply Japanese for "vegetable knife." The first thing you'll notice about the knife is the blade shape. Not only does it look beautiful, but it also serves as a practical tool for professional and home chefs around the world. The Nakiri's blunt tip makes the knife safer to use. At the same time, you can easily process vegetables with blade's slicing and dicing power. Simply use a push cut by moving the knife down and forward while keeping the edge parallel to the cutting surface. If you love vegetables for salad or stir fry, then the Dual Core Nakiri is a must have.
- Dual core construction; 71 alternating micro-layers of VG10 and VG2, high-carbon, high-chromium stainless steel extend all the way to the edge
- Layers are welded together and fold-forged to give a finer grain to the steel and to create the herringbone pattern that allows the layers to alternate along the cutting edge
- Traditional Japanese ebony PakkaWood octagon-shaped handle provide a comfortable and secure grip
- Etched laminations in the blade reduce drag, helping food release from the blade and gliding through each cut quickly and easily
- The hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (on each side) is light and thin; 60-61 Rockwell Hardness
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty; includes wooden saya sheath