The Miyabi Fusion 5.5-inch Utility Knife is designed for slicing and chopping smaller fruits and vegetables. The durable VG-10 (CMV60) cutting core is sandwiched by 64 layers of softer steels, each rolled on top of each other creating a 'Flower Damascus' pattern. The VG-10 core produces a sharpness and cutting edge retention measurably superior to ordinary knife steels; a complex mix of Cobalt, Molybdenum and Vanadium. The blade is ice hardened using the CRYODUR process, which gives the blade optimal edge retention, flexibility, and high corrosion resistance. The Katana edge is hand-finished in the traditional 3-step honbazuke method, reminiscent of the "Hamon" of legendary Japanese swords. Featuring a triple-riveted Western style handle made from a black resin called Duracon, and a full tang with eye-catching red accents. Sharpened to the traditional Japanese blade angle of 9 - 12° on each side, resulting in a scalpel-like sharpness.
• VG10 (CMV60) super steel encased by 64 layers of softer steels, creating a Flower Damascus design
• 60 Rockwell hardness. Special ice-hardening process- CRYODUR, maximizes the properties of the steel
• Traditional Japanese 9 - 12° cutting edge, sharpened using a honbazuke blade-honing technique by master craftsmen in Seki, Japan
• Triple riveted Western style handle with full tang and eye-catching red accents
• Used for slicing and chopping smaller fruits and vegetables
• Handcrafted by expert artisans in Seki, Japan with a lifetime warranty; hand-wash only