This is the place to start your Shun Sora collection: the Sora Chef's Knife. Of course you know it's the essential kitchen knife. But what you might not know is that since the Sora line features traditional Japanese blade and handle shapes, in Japan, the Sora Chef's Knife would be called a gyuto. It's used for all the same purposes as a chef's knife—all-around food preparation. But the Sora Chef's has less curve than a Western chef's knife, which means it contacts the cutting board along more of its length, so more food is cut per slice. The Sora has a gentle roll off the tip compared to the large roll of a Western style knife, so the Sora needs to be lifted less, making cutting more efficient. Once you try the Sora Chef's Knife, you'll wonder what you ever did without it.
- THE must-have kitchen knife
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary Composite Blade Technology; VG10 san mai cutting core; Japanese 420J blade upper
- VG10 is clad with one layer of stainless steel on each side to create the san mai edge and provide stain resistance
- Handle: Traditional Japanese handle design in easy-care, textured PP/TPE blend
- Blade length: 8 in. (20.3 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan